Friday 23 January 2009

Tip Three: Rob Peter to Pay Paul


OK so strictly speaking this is tip one revisited.
But - it got me thinking about essential luxuries.
There are those things that are essential - food, mortgage, council tax etc.
Then there's the luxuries - gym, beauty treatments, impulse clothing.
But, and this is one one big but, I could never class as a "luxury" my visit to the hairdressers. Well, four visits a year actually.
I have had my fine mousy hair coloured since 1983 and recession (we can officially call it that from today) or no recession you will have to drag me kicking and screaming from the hairdressers.
So, I totted up the cash I'd saved since I stopped buying papers and magazines.
It works out at £6.00 a week.
As I get my hair done approximately every 13 weeks that's £78.00 - enough to pay for the cut and leave a small tip.

What is your essential luxury?

No comments:

Post a Comment